ILTA Scholarships Honoring Browning Marean (deadline June 5)
I write this post in memory of Browning Marean. A friend at ILTA provided the text…
In the recent issue of ILTA News Briefs, Randi Mayes introduced scholarships we’ve created both to honor the memory of Browning Marean and to assist litigation/ediscovery professionals who wish to attend our annual conference, ILTACON 2015.
In August, 2014, the legal community lost a great friend. Browning Marean, a Partner at DLA Piper US LLP at the time of his death, touched the personal and professional lives of many within the legal sector and certainly within the ILTA community – as a speaker and moderator at our events around the globe (INSIGHT and Hong Kong, as well as quite a few ILTA annual conferences); he was a sounding board for topic ideas and speaker resources; he mentored ILTA members who were developing various programs; he elevated ILTA’s brand in the attorney community, and actively advocated for his peers and his firm to attend and participate in ILTA events. He epitomized the generous spirit of an ILTA member with his contributions in so many areas.
In honor of Browning’s work in the litigation field and his extraordinary international ambassadorship, ILTA has established two scholarships to ILTA CONFERENCE in August this year, one for individuals who live and work in the U.S. and one for those outside the U.S.
THE SCHOLARSHIP OFFERING:
If selected by the judging panel, your attendance at ILTACON 2015 (August 31 – September 3, in Las Vegas, Nevada) will be covered. The registration fee, lodging and all reasonable travel costs (coach fare) will be provided.
NOTE: The recipient of the international scholarship must live and work outside the U.S.; the recipient of the U.S. scholarship must live and work within the U.S.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINES:
No later than June 5, submit a letter of application describing how you meet the defined criteria. Your clear, succinct descriptions are appreciated. Submit your letter to Randi Mayes (randi at iltanet dot org)
A judging panel of your peers in the litigation and practice support arena will review your letter of application and communicate their decision by July 3,
If selected, ILTA staff will be in touch with you to make travel arrangements and provide any additional details needed for your attendance at ILTACON 2015.
Click HERE (PDF) for more information.
- Alternative Legal Provider (44)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (57)
- Bar Regulation (13)
- Best Practices (39)
- Big Data and Data Science (14)
- Blockchain (10)
- Bloomberg Biz of Law Summit – Live (6)
- Business Intelligence (21)
- Contract Management (21)
- Cool Legal Conferences (13)
- COVID-19 (11)
- Design (5)
- Do Less Law (40)
- eDiscovery and Litigation Support (165)
- Experience Management (12)
- Extranets (11)
- General (194)
- Innovation and Change Management (188)
- Interesting Technology (105)
- Knowledge Management (229)
- Law Department Management (20)
- Law Departments / Client Service (120)
- Law Factory v. Bet the Farm (30)
- Law Firm Service Delivery (128)
- Law Firm Staffing (27)
- Law Libraries (6)
- Legal market survey featured (6)
- Legal Process Improvement (27)
- Legal Project Management (26)
- Legal Secretaries – Their Future (17)
- Legal Tech Start-Ups (18)
- Litigation Finance (5)
- Low Cost Law Firm Centers (22)
- Management and Technology (179)
- Notices re this Blog (10)
- Online Legal Services (64)
- Outsourcing (141)
- Personal Productivity (40)
- Roundup (58)
- Structure of Legal Business (2)
- Supplier News (13)
- Visual Intelligence (14)