- Will Blockchain Affect Your Practice or Firm?
(Bloomberg BNA Big Law Business, 17 August 2016)
- alt.legal: The Biglaw ‘Caste System’ — An Impediment To Innovation? [interview]
(Joe Borstein interviews Ron Friedmann for Above the Law, 9 March 2016)
- Is Big Law Having Its Kodak Moment?
(Bloomberg BNA Big Law Business, 26 Jan 2016)
- Innovation, Project Management, and KM in the Newly Competitive Legal Market
(General Counsel Research Club, October 2013)
- Will Data Analytics Allow Us to “Do Less Law”?
(Published in Legal IT Insider, April 2013)
- Innovation in the Practice of Law
(Law Practice Management published, in the April/May 2009 issue)
- Value of a JD and the Legal Market Structure
(Exchange with Doug Cornelius, December 2008)
- Blogging: Why the Fuss?
(Presentation, ALA Annual Conference, May 2007)
- Non-Practicing Lawyers and Law Firm Startup Teams(
Presentation with Clark Cordner, Law Firm Recruitment and Retention Strategies, Legal IQ / IQPC, February 2007)
- Back to the Future: A History of Legal Technology
(AmLaw Tech, December 2004)
- Top 10 Reasons Law Firms Resist Innovation
(Law Practice, December 2006)
- Technology in US Corporate Law Departments
(Presentation to a large law firm, November 2002)
- Colleagues Exchange
(Corporate Legal Times, March 1992)
- Litigation Risk Analysis
(co-authored with David Post, Legal Technology Newsletter, December 1990)