Sometimes answers just fall into your lap unexpectedly. That happened to me today about Twitter.
I attended a lunch today of local legal knowledge management professionals. We meet monthly and at our last meeting, Twitter came up. One thing led to another I agreed I would demo Twitter today. After a quick orientation to Twitter, I said “Let’s see if we can find the answer to a key question about Twitter using Twitter” so I Tweeted:
- I am at DC Legal KM lunch demo’ing Twitter. Any comments on the single best reason to use Twitter?
Within the space of about five minutes, I received the following replies on Twitter. Both the substance of the answers and the fact that I got so many answers so quickly was quite a good demo of the potential value of Twitter:
- CarlJacobsen Best thing about twitter is the unexpected. I love the serindipity nature of it — finding things I never knew I didn’t know
- jeffrey_brandt Its a great resource for whats happening, stimulating questions and links to more indepth information
- IntegreonEDD Twitter is a great medium for building relationships with other people and organizations that share like interests
- stevematthews Best twitter use is asking questions & getting answers from those you choose to follow. A personal advisory board.
- KMHobbie 1 Replace Google Reader as the best way to find the good articles on #km in law and business. 2 Make nice with @VMaryAbraham.
- bobambrogi Single best reason is to monitor the buzz, see what colleagues are talking about.
- bschorr Colleagues I respect often Tweet articles or ideas that I might otherwise have missed.
In fairness, I explained that not every question I asked on Twitter elicited so many answers so quickly (I think my ‘followers’ understood the demo circumstances). But I’ll let the self-referential nature of this post speak for itself. And also for how one can integrate blogging and Tweeting.
- Alternative Legal Provider (36)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (51)
- Bar Regulation (13)
- Best Practices (39)
- Big Data and Data Science (10)
- Blockchain (10)
- Bloomberg Biz of Law Summit – Live (6)
- Business Intelligence (21)
- Contract Management (19)
- Do Less Law (37)
- eDiscovery and Litigation Support (165)
- Experience Management (8)
- Extranets (11)
- General (191)
- Innovation and Change Management (161)
- Interesting Technology (97)
- Knowledge Management (221)
- Law Department Management (14)
- Law Departments / Client Service (113)
- Law Factory v. Bet the Farm (28)
- Law Firm Service Delivery (111)
- Law Firm Staffing (25)
- Law Libraries (4)
- Legal market survey featured (5)
- Legal Process Improvement (24)
- Legal Project Management (26)
- Legal Secretaries – Their Future (17)
- Legal Tech Start-Ups (3)
- Litigation Finance (5)
- Low Cost Law Firm Centers (20)
- Management and Technology (179)
- Notices re this Blog (10)
- Online Legal Services (63)
- Outsourcing (135)
- Personal Productivity (39)
- ReInvent Law (10)
- Roundup (58)
- Structure of Legal Business (1)
- Supplier News (13)