Well, after three intense days, Legal Tech is over. This annual gathering seems to grow every year. Here then are my observations.
My private conversations support David’s observation that MS SharePoint has rapidly gained mindshare. David also reports that e-discovery is everywhere (suggesting that the “elevator index” I proposed in my prior post is, not surprisingly, going up).
Indeed, EDD was everywhere: ads on the floor (how do they stick those plastic “billboards” on the floor?); ads in the program; in the elevator. Even ads in the men’s restrooms – on the walls as one entered, above the urinals, even on the mirrors. Not sure that’s where I’d want my product featured, but it was memorable.
From one-on-one conversations, it’s clear that large law firms have serious planning underway for portals, document management upgrades, and significant KM undertakings.
I’d say that the change is incremental; I did not notice anything revolutionary. Yet unlike some years past, there is no sense of stagnation. It’s not the dot-com era (thankfully), but excitement is back.
Update (2/6/06): Jim Calloway over at Law Practice Tips Blog has a good Legal Tech report.
- Alternative Legal Provider (34)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (49)
- Bar Regulation (13)
- Best Practices (39)
- Big Data and Data Science (7)
- Blockchain (9)
- Bloomberg Biz of Law Summit – Live (6)
- Business Intelligence (19)
- Contract Management (19)
- Do Less Law (37)
- eDiscovery and Litigation Support (165)
- Experience Management (6)
- Extranets (11)
- General (189)
- Innovation and Change Management (155)
- Interesting Technology (95)
- Knowledge Management (216)
- Law Department Management (13)
- Law Departments / Client Service (109)
- Law Factory v. Bet the Farm (26)
- Law Firm Service Delivery (101)
- Law Firm Staffing (25)
- Legal market survey featured (5)
- Legal Process Improvement (21)
- Legal Project Management (26)
- Legal Secretaries – Their Future (17)
- Legal Tech Start-Ups (1)
- Litigation Finance (5)
- Low Cost Law Firm Centers (19)
- Management and Technology (177)
- Notices re this Blog (10)
- Online Legal Services (62)
- Outsourcing (134)
- Personal Productivity (38)
- ReInvent Law (10)
- Roundup (58)
- Structure of Legal Business (1)
- Supplier News (13)