EMC and EDD Convergence – Ads as Leading Indicators?
I’ve previously posted about the convergence of corporate information life cycle management systems and the e-discovery market, including the entry of EMC into the market in February 2006. Now, the next move.
In the current (Jan 2008) issue of American Lawyer magazine EMC has a white paper as a 4-page inserted advertisement (“A Practical Approach – Ten-step framework for effective policy management and in-house eDiscovery”). It’s targeted toward inhouse counsel with a message about managing information to avoid EDD problems. The same insert also appears in the January Law Tech News.
Ads do not equate to market share but can serve as an indication of intent. EMC may be poised to invest more in the discovery market. That said, SAP placed an 8-page essay in the September 2005 American Lawyer and I did not see a subsequent push in legal.
Speaking of ads as indicators, CRA International also has ads in the current American Lawyer offering “legal business consulting” for “running a corporate legal department.” That’s the first I’ve seen of this company targeting corporate law departments for legal operations and other services.
- Alternative Legal Provider (32)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (38)
- Bar Regulation (13)
- Best Practices (39)
- Big Data and Data Science (7)
- Blockchain (7)
- Bloomberg Biz of Law Summit – Live (6)
- Business Intelligence (19)
- Contract Management (19)
- Do Less Law (36)
- eDiscovery and Litigation Support (165)
- Extranets (11)
- General (187)
- Innovation and Change Management (142)
- Interesting Technology (92)
- Knowledge Management (212)
- Law Department Management (12)
- Law Departments / Client Service (109)
- Law Factory v. Bet the Farm (26)
- Law Firm Service Delivery (97)
- Law Firm Staffing (24)
- Legal market survey featured (4)
- Legal Process Improvement (21)
- Legal Project Management (25)
- Legal Secretaries – Their Future (17)
- Litigation Finance (5)
- Low Cost Law Firm Centers (18)
- Management and Technology (177)
- Notices re this Blog (10)
- Online Legal Services (62)
- Outsourcing (132)
- Personal Productivity (37)
- ReInvent Law (10)
- Roundup (58)
- Structure of Legal Business (1)
- Supplier News (13)