Roundup of Twitter Posts – July 2010
It’s been six months since I’ve done a Twitter roundup. I was reminded that I had not done one by a friend who said he misses them.
I definitely blog less since I started Tweeting 18 months ago. Articles I read or ideas I have that, in the past, might have led to a blog post now end up as a Tweet. Also, before I started Tweeting, I used Roundup posts to cover several short items, none of which seemed worthy of a stand-alone blog post. Tweeter has also assumed that function.
While I welcome additional followers @ronfriedmann, I don’t expect all blog readers to get into Twitter. So I reproduce here highlights of recent Twitter posts (in this instance, over the last six weeks). I try to make my Tweets interesting; when I cite an article or another Tweet, I try to add a “NanOpEd”, which is short for nano opinion editorial, that is, a very short comment. It’s been a fun challenge to add a thought having only 20 to 80 characters!
Are any law firm Tweets interesting? I follow a few – all boring. Is that b/c I don’t practice? Or
Would a futures market for future success of BigLaw help us understand current market direction?
BigLaw move to budgets, AFA, + greater transparency may foster explicit price competition? What of value and outcomes?
Business Week on superstar athletes (LeBron James) and lawyers (eg Fred Bartlit) http://bit.ly/aKVE5Y || when stars can’t get enuf comp
Dechert Trades Help Desk for Keno Kozie LTN http://bit.ly/9XNmX1 || More BigLaw help desk outsourcing. Troutman Sanders earlier in June
RT @pwoldow Calling all General Counsel – Legal Project Management Moves In-House http://bit.ly/am53OV || common sense at last?
NY State Bar Launches Task Force to Examine Changes in Legal Profession NLJ http://bit.ly/d4h059 || NYSBA release http://bit.ly/9A1p5K
Reading LawShucks: Eversheds Lays Off 60 in Outsourcing http://bit.ly/dkFRDN
RT @reesmorrison Codean software maps + links defined contract terms http://bit.ly/aFNmWg || pr rls http://bit.ly/aSn364 | Like DealProof?
RT @AmLawDaily: Risky Business: What Law Firms Can Learn From Airlines and Hospitals http://bit.ly/db31Vu || #KM Value after action reviews
http://www.fronterion.com launches http://lpoethics.com/ || Good compilation of US and UK ethics rules and docs re legal outsourcing (LPO)
ALTI reports NetDocuments now has multiple large law firm customers. Will DMS cloud take over from enterprise systems?
RT @PosseList: Contract lawyer sues NYC law firm for not paying overtime http://sn.im/z6qiz || exempt v non-exempt. hmmm
- Alternative Legal Provider (44)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (57)
- Bar Regulation (13)
- Best Practices (39)
- Big Data and Data Science (14)
- Blockchain (10)
- Bloomberg Biz of Law Summit – Live (6)
- Business Intelligence (21)
- Contract Management (21)
- Cool Legal Conferences (13)
- COVID-19 (11)
- Design (5)
- Do Less Law (40)
- eDiscovery and Litigation Support (165)
- Experience Management (12)
- Extranets (11)
- General (194)
- Innovation and Change Management (188)
- Interesting Technology (105)
- Knowledge Management (229)
- Law Department Management (20)
- Law Departments / Client Service (120)
- Law Factory v. Bet the Farm (30)
- Law Firm Service Delivery (128)
- Law Firm Staffing (27)
- Law Libraries (6)
- Legal market survey featured (6)
- Legal Process Improvement (27)
- Legal Project Management (26)
- Legal Secretaries – Their Future (17)
- Legal Tech Start-Ups (18)
- Litigation Finance (5)
- Low Cost Law Firm Centers (22)
- Management and Technology (179)
- Notices re this Blog (10)
- Online Legal Services (64)
- Outsourcing (141)
- Personal Productivity (40)
- Roundup (58)
- Structure of Legal Business (2)
- Supplier News (13)
- Visual Intelligence (14)