InnovAction Awards 2010 – Innovation as Antidote to New Normal
As I noted in my prior post, the new normal for BigLaw looks bad. Hiring armies of associates and raising rates, once the magic elixir, is now the poison hemlock. Firms need to differentiate and provide more value. And that means – gasp – innovation. If you have already innovated, help your firm win new business with recognition for your achievement.
The College of Law Practice Management (I am a trustee) sponsors the InnovAction Award. InnovAction honors innovation in law practice management. Law firms, law departments, and other legal service providers (but not vendors) can apply. Innovation can range from creative office design, to technology, to a marketing campaign. For the first time, this year applicants can win Honorable Mention.
If you have innovated and need more reason to consider applying – see Jordan Furlong’s great post about innovation and the award, Why the 2010 InnovAction Awards matter.
Review the InnovAction web site and consider submitting an application. For more information:
- Prior InnovAction winners.
- About the College.
- How to Enter for 2010 and download InnovAction Entry form.
The College of Law Practice Management is accepting entries for the 2010 InnovAction Awards through June 1st at www.innovactionaward.com. Rules and application forms are at http://www.innovationaward.com; the Hall of Fame display of previous winners is at http://www.innovactionaward.com/halloffame.php.
If you are fortunate enough to have created a competitive edge, let the world know. But do it by June 1st.
- Alternative Legal Provider (33)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (48)
- Bar Regulation (13)
- Best Practices (39)
- Big Data and Data Science (7)
- Blockchain (9)
- Bloomberg Biz of Law Summit – Live (6)
- Business Intelligence (19)
- Contract Management (19)
- Do Less Law (37)
- eDiscovery and Litigation Support (165)
- Extranets (11)
- General (190)
- Innovation and Change Management (153)
- Interesting Technology (94)
- Knowledge Management (216)
- Law Department Management (13)
- Law Departments / Client Service (109)
- Law Factory v. Bet the Farm (26)
- Law Firm Service Delivery (101)
- Law Firm Staffing (25)
- Legal market survey featured (5)
- Legal Process Improvement (21)
- Legal Project Management (26)
- Legal Secretaries – Their Future (17)
- Legal Tech Start-Ups (1)
- Litigation Finance (5)
- Low Cost Law Firm Centers (18)
- Management and Technology (177)
- Notices re this Blog (10)
- Online Legal Services (62)
- Outsourcing (133)
- Personal Productivity (38)
- ReInvent Law (10)
- Roundup (58)
- Structure of Legal Business (1)
- Supplier News (13)