The current issue of Law Practice Today (April 2006) has several useful articles about outsourcing in the legal market.
One of the articles is Inside vs. Outside: When Does it Make Sense for Law Firms to Outsource?, a roundtable discussion that includes several legal technology experts, consultants, and bloggers, including me. The questions answered include:
- Is outsourcing something real or just another area of hype? What do you see happening today in the world of law firm outsourcing?
- Often, outsourcing experts refer to the need to understand your “core business” before you outsource. What is a law firm’s core business? What are some good examples of operations a law firm might outsource?
- What can go wrong when you outsource and how can you protect yourself?
- Looking to the future, what do you see happening in outsourcing in the next three to five years?
This is a good read with good perspectives for anyone interested in legal outsourcing and offshoring.
- Alternative Legal Provider (38)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (53)
- Bar Regulation (13)
- Best Practices (39)
- Big Data and Data Science (13)
- Blockchain (10)
- Bloomberg Biz of Law Summit – Live (6)
- Business Intelligence (21)
- Contract Management (19)
- Cool Legal Conferences (13)
- Design (4)
- Do Less Law (38)
- eDiscovery and Litigation Support (165)
- Experience Management (8)
- Extranets (11)
- General (191)
- Innovation and Change Management (171)
- Interesting Technology (99)
- Knowledge Management (225)
- Law Department Management (15)
- Law Departments / Client Service (114)
- Law Factory v. Bet the Farm (29)
- Law Firm Service Delivery (114)
- Law Firm Staffing (26)
- Law Libraries (5)
- Legal market survey featured (5)
- Legal Process Improvement (25)
- Legal Project Management (26)
- Legal Secretaries – Their Future (17)
- Legal Tech Start-Ups (3)
- Litigation Finance (5)
- Low Cost Law Firm Centers (20)
- Management and Technology (179)
- Notices re this Blog (10)
- Online Legal Services (63)
- Outsourcing (136)
- Personal Productivity (39)
- Roundup (58)
- Structure of Legal Business (2)
- Supplier News (13)