The College of Law Practice Management is hosting a great “Futures” conference in September. I am a Trustee of COLPM.
For the first time, the College is opening its program to the public. Two topics are on tap:
(1) the future of law firms and the legal profession and
(2) InnovAction Awards presentations.
On September 25-26, 2009, in Denver, Colorado, the College is co-hosting with the University of Denver Sturm College of Law the inaugural edition of the Futures Conference. Futures Conference program (PDF).
I’ve attended many College conferences and the quality of presentation and, more importantly, discussion is always outstanding, well above most other conferences. The format includes presentations, workshops and small-group discussions. Participants will have the chance to hear from and exchange views with leading innovative law practice managers. Some highligts include:
- Keynote presentation by Ward Bower of Altman Weil, who will provide an update on the Legal Transformation Study (particularly apt I think in this crisis)
- Bruce MacEwen of Adam Smith Esq. wil discuss the Evolution of the Law Firm
Other speakers include Harry Trueheart, Chairman of Nixon Peabody LLP, Andy Adkins of the Legal Technology Institute, Ross Fishman of Fishman Marketing, Ann Lee Gibson of Ann Lee Gibson Consulting, Mark Greene, CMO of Nixon Peabody, David Hambourger, CIO of Seyfarth Shaw LLP, Sally Fiona King, COO of Clifford Chance N.A., Carol Phillips, Director of Administration for the West Coast Offices of Sidley Austin LLP, Dan Pinnington of LawPRO, Norm Rubenstein of the Zeughauser Group; and John Tredennick of Catalyst Repository Systems, among others.
At the conference, the College will also formally present the InnovAction winners with their awards. See my post InnovAction Awards for 2009 Announced for details. I’ve always found the presentations a great way to learn more detail and hear how legal leaders view the winners.
For those interested in the future of law and law firms, this is the place to be.
- Alternative Legal Provider (35)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (49)
- Bar Regulation (13)
- Best Practices (39)
- Big Data and Data Science (8)
- Blockchain (10)
- Bloomberg Biz of Law Summit – Live (6)
- Business Intelligence (19)
- Contract Management (19)
- Do Less Law (37)
- eDiscovery and Litigation Support (165)
- Experience Management (6)
- Extranets (11)
- General (190)
- Innovation and Change Management (158)
- Interesting Technology (95)
- Knowledge Management (219)
- Law Department Management (14)
- Law Departments / Client Service (112)
- Law Factory v. Bet the Farm (27)
- Law Firm Service Delivery (104)
- Law Firm Staffing (25)
- Legal market survey featured (5)
- Legal Process Improvement (21)
- Legal Project Management (26)
- Legal Secretaries – Their Future (17)
- Legal Tech Start-Ups (1)
- Litigation Finance (5)
- Low Cost Law Firm Centers (19)
- Management and Technology (177)
- Notices re this Blog (10)
- Online Legal Services (63)
- Outsourcing (134)
- Personal Productivity (38)
- ReInvent Law (10)
- Roundup (58)
- Structure of Legal Business (1)
- Supplier News (13)